Steamed White Egg Pearls SWALLOW NEST Soup
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 8 min Ingredients:
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Cooking oil
- 4 Egg whites
- 8 1/2 oz (245 g) SWALLOW NEST (Soaked in water for 6 hours at least, Pre Cooked) 8 Parsley leaves
- 3 cups (750 mL) Chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) Sugar
- 2 oz (60 g) Cornstarch
- 1 oz (30 g) Minced, cured ham
- Brush the inside of 8 pearl-shaped Chinese soup spoons with cooking oil.
- Stir the egg whites in a bowl and pour into soup spoons.
- Add ½ oz. of SWALLOW NEST in each spoon and garnish with parsley leaves.
- Boil water in a large pot. Place the spoons on a rack above the water level in the pot. Cover and steam on medium to high heat for 5 minutes.
The eggs will form pearl shapes. Separate them from the spoons and set them aside on a plate for later use.
- Boil chicken stock in a pot for 3 minutes and add 8 oz. of bird’s nest. (This is separate from the bird’s nest we added above)
- Add salt and sugar in the pot, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Thicken with cornstarch and stir for one minute.
Your soup is now complete.
Divide the finished soup into 4 soup bowls, and garnish with 2 egg white pearls each (from above step) and cured ham. Serve immediately.