Rock Sugar Sweet Swallow Nest Soup
How to Use:
- Soak 1 SWALLOW NEST in cold water for 3-5 hours or until it is soft. Drain and rinse twice.
- Add SWALLOW NEST, a teaspoon of rock sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a ramekin.
- You can add 2 slices of ginger to enhance the flavor. Place the ramekin into a large pot.
- Pour enough water into the pot to come 1/5 way up the sides of the ramekin.
- Close the lid and put on high heat until the water boils then decrease to low heat to a simmer (please see cooking time below)*.
- Remove the ramekin from the pot. SWALLOW NEST can be served hot or cold depends on your preference.
Recommended cooking time:
SWALLOW NEST including White, Pink and Red Nests: 30 to 45 minutes
Do not over cook SWALLOW NEST. SWALLOW NEST should have a crunchy (not soggy) consistency. In addition, it’s very important to cook SWALLOW NEST using low heat to preserve the nutrients, especially the essential amino acids.